Physician Assistant/Nurse Practitioner
Website Critical Care, Pulmonary & Sleep Associates
Company & Position Summary:
Critical Care, Pulmonary and Sleep Associates is a large multispecialty private physician practice, providing Critical Care, Pulmonary and Sleep medical services to the Denver metro area for over 40 years. Our dedicated team of over 30 Board Certified Critical Care, Pulmonary and Sleep Physicians along with our skilled clinical and administrative staff currently serve seven Centura Health Hospital ICU’s and multiple outpatient clinic locations spanning Colorado’s front range. CCPSA’s strong company culture exemplifies excellence in patient centered care, unified teamwork and highly collaborative approach in all business and clinical operations. We are currently seeking a Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner to join our committed team of professionals.
The Physician Assistant/Nurse Practitioner position is an essential outpatient clinical role, providing direct care to new and established pulmonary and/or sleep patients. It is necessary that within this role, the Advance Practice Provider cultivates and supports a strong team culture and collaborative environment centered on consistently delivering exceptional patient care. This position will have the peer support of 3 additional mid-levels that are currently working in the outpatient practice.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks:
Patient care, including but not limited to, visits for:
· Patients on home O2 or nocturnal CPAP/BIPAP/NIV who need clinic evaluation to continue current care.
· Preoperative visits for those patients with non-complex Pulmonary issues and upcoming surgical needs.
· Hospital follow-up of patients admitted with COPD exacerbation and other Pulmonary disease
· Pulmonary rehabilitation follow-up.
· Telephone consultation and follow-up as needed for patient clinical questions unable to be answered by MA or other clinic staff.
· Managements and continuity of care for patients with straightforward Pulmonary or Sleep-focused clinical complaints.
· Urgent clinic visits (with close support of Pulmonary physician) of potentially both new and established patients as needed.
Patient and staff education, including but not limited to:
· Single or group patient education about inhaler therapy.
· Single or group patient education on disease processes such as COPD, etc.
· Establishing and maintaining educational forms and handouts for patients.
· Ongoing clinic staff education, as needed.
Skills, Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
· Completion of an accredited Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner program.
· NCCPA or AANP certified, respectively.
· Minimum 5-years total post training experience, minimum 2-years pulmonary experience required.
· DEA license eligible upon hire, per Colorado Drug Enforcement Administration’s midlevel requirements.
· Willingness to travel to various clinic sites, as workflow dictates.
· Enthusiasm for working in an outpatient setting with a large team of physicians and clinic staff.
· Positive attitude, exemplary patient care, and willingness to adapt to changes in job description as needed for patient and clinic needs.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills with patients and families, as well as clinic physicians and staff.
· Proficient with Office 365 software, and the ability to quickly learn and adapt to Electronic Medical Records. Prior experience with EPIC, Meditech, NextGen, etc. beneficial, but not required.
· Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
· Ability to drive between clinic locations for meetings.
· Ability to sit or stand for extended time periods.
· Must be able to lift and carry up to 30 lbs.
· Competitive salary.
· Paid malpractice premiums.
· Benefits effective date-of-hire (no waiting period).
· Comprehensive medical benefits. Company covers 80-85% percent of individual or family premium.
· Dental and vision benefits offered at no cost to the employee. Company covers 100% of individual or family premium.
· Life and AD&D benefits.
· Optional additional life & disability insurance at group discounts.
· PTO and holiday pay.
· 401k benefits with company contribution after eligibility period.
· CME stipend and allotted time.
· No call, nights, weekends, or holidays.