Advanced Practice Clinician – Pulmonary Medicine
Kelsey-Seybold Clinic is Houston’s premier multispecialty group practice, founded in 1949 by Dr. Mavis Kelsey in Houston’s famous Texas Medical Center. More than 500 physicians and allied health professionals practice at 25+ locations and an accredited Sleep Center in the Greater Houston area. Medical services offered by Kelsey-Seybold include medical care in 55 medical specialties including primary care and specialty care, outpatient surgery centers, an accredited Sleep Center, a Radiation Therapy Center, laboratory services, advanced radiology services and other diagnostic services, 15 on-site Kelsey pharmacies, and a secure web portal for patients to communicate with their Kelsey-Seybold doctors, get test results and schedule appointments.
Kelsey-Seybold has been recognized by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) as the nation’s first accredited Accountable Care Organization and a Level 3 (highest) Patient-Centered Medical Home. Kelsey-Seybold has many physicians in the Greater Houston area certified for excellence in diabetes, heart, and stroke care by the NCQA. In addition to these recognitions, Kelsey-Seybold is home to a nationally accredited Breast Diagnostic Center, Endoscopy Center, Infusion Center, and Cancer Center.
The NP/PA is an Advanced Practice Clinician that works in a collaborative model including but not limited to physicians and staff who care for Kelsey-Seybold Clinic patients of all general disorders of the respiratory system. Conditions may include shortness of breath, lung cancer, pneumonia, and other lung infections, emphysema, COPD, asthma, sleep disorders related to breathing disturbances, occupational lung disease, liver-related lung disease, and drug-related pulmonary disorders. This position works under the supervision of the Managing Physician or approved staff physician and in association with staff nurses in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of pulmonary and sleep disorders; and assumes responsibility for primary and urgent medical management, emergency stabilization of all critically ill patients, and patient education.
- Utilizes the approved medical practices process in the delivery of all patient care.
- Provides care based on physical, psycho/social, educational, safety, and related criteria, appropriate to the ages of patients served in assigned area.
- Maintains an attitude of inquiry towards medical practices and patient care outcomes and may develop research methodology.
- Provides education experience to patient families, staff, other health professionals, and the community.
- Adapts behavior to the specific patient population, including but not limited to respect for privacy, method of introduction to the patient, adapting explanation of services or procedures to be performed, requesting permissions, and communication style.
- Licensed to practice in the state of Texas.
- Masters’ degree in Nursing – Family Nurse Practitioner or Adult/Geriatric Nurse Practitioner ANCC or AANPCP Certified for Family Nurse Practitioner.
- Physician Assistant NCCPA certified, current prescriptive authority
- DEA license
- CLS, ACLS
- 1 – 3 years related working experience.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present information clearly and professionally.
- Must be able to work Monday-Friday 8am-5pm
Benefits and Compensation:
Our physicians practice medicine in a collaborative manner amongst many medical specialties and sub-specialties embracing technology and teamwork to provide patient-centered care. Our compensation package is productivity-based and includes salary, paid time off, CME, and matching 401K. Affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine and the Texas Heart Institute.
- Multispecialty group practice setting
- Regular weekday hours
- Full nursing and clerical support
- Paid malpractice and tail coverage
- Electronic Medical Records
As the 4th largest city in the U.S., Houston, Texas is a leader in business, entertainment, the arts, and more. From professional sports to outdoor fun to an out-of-this-world space experience and incredible dining – it’s all here! Stroll the beaches of Galveston or challenge yourself on one of our many golf courses. Space City offers everything from breathtaking museum exhibits to vibrant downtown entertainment. Explore the wonder of space or spend the day shopping to your heart’s content. Houston is a city of infinite possibilities.
Kelsey-Seybold Clinic is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, or protected veteran status. Kelsey-Seybold is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.