- This event has passed.
Advanced Critical Care Echocardiography Board Review Exam Course
Work with expert level faculty to review the cognitive base of advanced critical care echocardiography (ACCE) that is relevant to the upcoming National Board of Echocardiography (NBE) Examination of Special Competence in Critical Care Echocardiography (CCEeXAM), scheduled for January 15, 2019. The board review course is specifically designed for learners who are scheduled to take the examination and will focus on refining mastery of image interpretation, clinical applications, the knowledge base of ACCE.
Review key components of ACCE including:
- M mode, 2D, and Doppler physics
- Measurement of stroke volume/cardiac output (SV/CO)
- Assessment of left ventricular (LV) and right ventricular (RV) function
- Measurement of filling pressures and diastolic function
- Evaluation of valve function
- Determination of preload sensitivity
- Measurement of intracardiac pressures and flows
- Evaluation of heart-lung interactions
- Evaluation of pericardial disease
- Evaluation of catheters and devices
- Relevant components whole body ultrasonography
In addition to didactic lectures, the course will include an image-based review of complex cases and challenge the learner with hundreds of questions using sophisticated real-time ARS technology. The goal of this course is to best prepare the learner for the upcoming challenge of the NBE CCEeXAM.