- This event has passed.
Difficult Airway Management
Sep 5, 2019 - Sep 7, 2019
Attend this state-of-the-art, systematic overview and hands-on experience offering the preparation, teamwork, and tools necessary to manage complex critical care airway situations.
- Identify exam findings associated with a difficult airway, practice the essential skills of intubation, and learn to use innovative new advanced airway tools to manage difficult airways.
- Gain hands-on experience with a multitude of videolaryngoscopes, bougies, and other intubating devices proven to increase first-pass intubation success.
- Utilize extraglottic airways to reestablish ventilation should intubation is not successful.
- Recognize when and how to use cricothyrotomy for failed airways.
- Work with a team using crew resource management concepts to solve airway problems in a high-fidelity, fast-paced, simulated clinical environment using scenarios developed from real-life cases.