- This event has passed.
Multidisciplinary Update in Pulmonary & Critical Care Medicine 2023
May 4 – 7, 2023 – Mountain Shadows Resort – Paradise Valley, Arizona
The Mayo Clinic Multidisciplinary Update in Pulmonary & Critical Care Medicine 2023 CME course provides a state-of-the-art update on clinical advances in pulmonary and critical care medicine. A multidisciplinary faculty from Mayo Clinic imparts a comprehensive approach to the current evaluation and management of various respiratory diseases. Topics include: airway disease, critical care, interstitial lung diseases, lung cancer and sleep disorders.
- State-of-the-art update on clinical advances in pulmonary medicine, critical care, and sleep medicine
- Comprehensive approach to current evaluation and management of various respiratory diseases
- Preventative and therapeutic techniques for optimal patient experiences
- The latest developments in medical practice guidelines provided by leaders in pulmonary and critical care medicine, pulmonary pathology, and radiology
|Registration Fees||Early Bird
|M.D., D.O., Ph.D.||$750||$825|
|Allied Health, Nurses, Retirees||$650||$725|
Pulmonologists, intensivists, general internists, hospitalists, thoracic surgeons, anesthesiologists, sleep and emergency room specialists, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, and allied health professionals who work with pulmonary medicine, sleep medicine and critical care, and may find this course valuable.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Recognize the various high-resolution computed tomography (HRCT) patterns in patients with fibrotic lung disease
- Review updated guidelines regarding evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment of idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis
- Summarize the definition of “worsening” in patients with progressive pulmonary fibrosis
- Review up-to-date therapeutic recommendations for patients with sepsis
- Describe the best practices in the diagnosis and management of sepsis
- Prepare patients with advanced lung disease for lung transplant evaluation
- Interpret the pulmonary complications of immunodeficiency states
- Summarize the treatment of patients with primary ciliary dyskinesia
- Assess the treatment and evaluation of patients with non-tuberculous bronchiectasis
- Interpret recent evidence regarding home-based rehabilitation for patients with COPD
- Identify the challenges to understanding disparities in chronic pulmonary diseases
Attendance at any Mayo Clinic course does not indicate or guarantee competence or proficiency in the skills, knowledge or performance of any care or procedure(s) which may be discussed or taught in this course.